Foundation funding makes difference to BYS activties
Brisbane Youth Service (BYS) is one of five Charity Partners the Foundation supports in Queensland.
Over the past year the Foundation’s contributions, along with the contributions of others in the community, have helped BYS make a tangible difference to the lives of many at risk and or homeless young people. A majority of the 1,264 young people BYS supported in 2017, were suffering relationship break downs or family violence and most had experienced or were experiencing homelessness.
The Foundation’s financial contributions allows BYS to, on 26,278 different occasions, support young people through various programs including –
· Drug and alcohol support
· Crisis and transitional housing and tenancy support
· Mental health support and psychological services
· Access to legal and financial services
· Pathways to re-engage in education, training and employment
· Assistance with establishing relationships and support networks
· Parenting programs and group activities
“Before I came [to BYS] I was on the streets and my safety was at risk, I experienced violence. It’s so good to have a safe place to sleep and come back to, to have food to eat and not have to worry about not having any money.”- Young person
Brisbane Youth Service provided us with some telling statistics on how we have helped to make a difference.
We are proud to support such a wonderful organisation who are working at the coalface of youth homelessness.